Christian McMahon FBCS CITP FIoD is a globally experienced CIO/CTO, strategic business leader, board advisor and change agent ranked as the worlds 11th most influential CIO.
Christian has a strong track record of success in permanent and interim capacity at board level in challenging and rapid growth environments with substantial experience in VC (pre-IPO) and PE backed companies.
He is highly skilled in leading companies through transformation, turnaround, tech-enabled innovation, M&A, product overhaul, exit preparation and IPO (LSE/AIM).
Christian is an exceptional communicator, adept in building collaborative relationships with stakeholders, PE, suppliers, staff and executive. A strategic thinker who can translate vision in to action and deliver better products, processes, services and technologies that enable more effective ways of working.
Christian is an engaging blend of business acumen, highly developed interpersonal skills and cultural dexterity, expert in developing and delivering customer focused IT strategies that:
• Interpret corporate vision/strategy and translate objectives into tangible roadmaps
• Deliver cloud (SaaS) based services to enable new business capabilities
• Decommission legacy apps/infrastructure, modernise and re-platform to AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
• Lower the risk of sizeable corporate investments and improve ROI
• Establish strategic frameworks and scalable infrastructure to lead companies through global expansion
• Build Corporate Innovation Labs: Industrialising products, constructing ROI frameworks and creating scalability
• Deliver large-scale strategic outsourcing, offshoring and shared service initiatives
Christian has a notable background in delivering successful digital business transformations and change initiatives that:
• Elevate performance, reduce cost, improve operational efficiency & facilitate new business models
• Build innovative, revenue generating digital products that deliver compelling customer experiences
• Strategise, design & implement target operating models delivering £mm impact
As well as his work at the European Commission where he advises them on €multi-billion technology investment, funding and innovation programmes across multiple sectors, Christian is also an expert advisor selecting start-ups for the annual intake and awards in the MassChallenge Accelerator Program as well as providing hands-on mentoring to founding CEOs and their teams in a variety of industries across the global intake (US/UK/Switzerland/Israel/Mexico). MassChallenge is the largest-ever start-up accelerator and competition with intakes from over 75 countries, and the first to support high-impact, early-stage entrepreneurs with no strings attached. Christian also provides hands-on mentoring at PWC’s IncuBus Ventures to entrepreneurs and founding CEOs across a variety of industries especially around innovation, strategy, product development, technology, business development and investor relations.
Christian is a highly respected CIO/CTO and Digital ‘thought leader’ with significant social influence who has forged strong relationships with the worlds leading firms, advising them on shaping their marketing, technology, product and digital strategies to better engage with and add value to their clients.
Prior to founding three25, Christian was Managing Partner – Board & CIO Advisory at Jamaza and before then held the position of Global Group CIO for a number of organisations including the leading provider of asset management services GoIndustry-DoveBid plc and the highly respected analyst and consulting firm Ovum plc.
– Ranked as the 11th most influential CIO in the world by Richtopia
– Awarded status of Top Social CIO for 2015 and 2016 by the Huffington Post
– Thomson Reuters Top 30 Social Influencer: Risk Management, Compliance & RegTech – bitly.com/TRRiskUK30
– Judge and Mentor in the MassChallenge Accelerator Program
– Mentor at IncuBus Ventures
– Member of Awards Judging Panel – Datacloud Global Congress & Exhibition
– Regular collaboration with Samsung – click here to see a video of my panel appearance at a Samsung client event
– Regular collaborator & featured panelist for EMC events – click here for info about the next event
– Expert CIO ‘Thought Leader’ for recent collaboration with Symantec – read my Forbes article here
– Member of Advisory Board for CIO Today UK Magazine – click here for detail
– Member of IBM VIP Influencer Programme
– Featured CIO Contributor on the Intel IT Peer Network – link here (registration may be required)
– Featured CIO contributor on the HP Enterprise Services ‘Business Value Exchange’ platform – read my contributions here
– Awarded Fellowship and Chartered IT Professional Status (FBCS CITP) by the board of the British Computer Society
– Awarded Fellowship Status (FIoD) by the board of the Institute of Directors