Christian McMahon FBCS CITP is a Commercially Astute Multi-Sector CIO / CTO | Board Advisor | Change Agent | Global Business Leader | Non-Exec Director ranked as the worlds 11th most influential CIO with a notable track record of success in permanent and interim capacity at board level including VC and PE backed firms.
Christian has first class delivery credentials and experience on a global scale including:
– Board Advisory: Strategic dev/review, > ROI, organisational insight, investment and capability reviews
– Strategic planning: Vision, core competencies & market opportunities
– Business strategy formulation and execution
– Leading business transformation, IT/cultural change, large programs, crisis management, analytics
– IT supplier management, IT sourcing and BPO
– Full M&A lifecycle: Due diligence, integration, restructuring and value realisation
– Defining and transitioning to a new Target Operating Model (TOM)
– Product Builder: Building products that deliver compelling customer experiences and business value
– IT Modernisation: Move to cloud infrastructure, legacy rationalisation and re-platform to AWS / Azure
– Work with c-suites helping them prepare for capital raising with focus on IPO
– Software Development: DevOps, SDLC, Agile, API, EA, Mobile Payments, AI, ML, Blockchain
– Start-Up Engagement: Mentoring, collaborative innovation, partnerships, pilots
– Member of Technology Panel for €5b European Commission VC Fund
He has an exceptional knowledge of current/emerging technology and is able to deliver fully secure solutions that build new customer experiences, enable competitive advantage, solve business critical issues, maximise efficiency and enable more effective ways of working.
One of Christians key strengths is the ability to adapt and translate technical matters for non-technical audiences and is very comfortable in engaging with customers in getting feedback and using this to improve products. He is an engaging blend of commercial acumen, highly developed interpersonal skills and cultural dexterity, skilled in leading globally dispersed teams and building collaborative relationships in matrix organisations across diverse stakeholders and geographies.
As well as his work at the European Commission where he advises them on €multi-billion technology investment, funding and innovation programmes across multiple sectors, Christian is also an expert advisor selecting start-ups for the annual intake and awards in the MassChallenge Accelerator Program as well as providing hands-on mentoring to founding CEOs and their teams in a variety of industries across the global intake (US/UK/Switzerland/Israel/Mexico). MassChallenge is the largest-ever start-up accelerator and competition with intakes from over 75 countries, and the first to support high-impact, early-stage entrepreneurs with no strings attached. Christian is also a mentor at Cocoon Networks, which is the first Chinese capital-backed, international, startup ecosystem in Europe and he’s focused on helping Chinese startups interested by Europe/UK and UK startups interested by China. Christian also provides hands-on mentoring at PWC’s IncuBus Ventures to entrepreneurs and founding CEOs across a variety of industries especially around innovation, strategy, product development, technology, business development and investor relations.
Christian is a Non-Executive Director of ITSO Ltd where we are building the ITSO on Mobile (IoM) smart ticketing product in partnership with Google that allows Train, Bus and Tram Operating Companies to fulfil tickets through Google Pay direct to their phone. We plan to extend IoM beyond Google Pay to include all popular native digital wallets during 2019/20. He is also a Board Member and Trustee of the Youth Charter.
He is a highly respected CIO/CTO and Digital ‘thought leader’ with significant social influence who has forged strong relationships with the worlds leading firms, advising them on shaping their marketing, technology, product and digital strategies to better engage with and add value to their clients.
Christian is a Co-Founder of CIO 2.0 – A global movement of CIOs, CTOs and CDOs networking online and offline that also runs a series of events with a closed executive network, dedicated to helping the CIO/CTO community move into the next decade.
Prior to founding three25, Christian was Managing Partner – Board & CIO Advisory at Jamaza and before then held the position of Global Group CIO for a number of organisations including the leading provider of asset management services GoIndustry-DoveBid plc and the highly respected analyst and consulting firm Ovum plc.
– Ranked as the 11th most influential CIO in the world by Richtopia
– Awarded status of Top Social CIO for 2015 and 2016 by the Huffington Post
– Thomson Reuters Top 30 Social Influencer: Risk Management, Compliance & RegTech – bitly.com/TRRiskUK30
– Judge and Mentor in the MassChallenge Accelerator Program
– Mentor at PWC’s IncuBus Ventures
– Mentor at Cocoon Networks – Cocoon Networks is the first Chinese capital-backed, international, startup ecosystem in Europe and I’m focused on helping Chinese startups interested by Europe/UK and UK startups interested by China
– Member of Board and Trustee – Youth Charter
– Regular collaboration with Samsung – click here to see a video of my panel appearance at a Samsung client event
– Regular collaborator & featured panelist for EMC events – click here for info about the next event
– Expert CIO ‘Thought Leader’ for recent collaboration with Symantec – read my Forbes article here
– Member of Advisory Board for CIO Today UK Magazine – click here for detail
– Member of IBM VIP Influencer Programme
– Featured CIO Contributor on the Intel IT Peer Network – link here (registration may be required)
– Featured CIO contributor on the HP Enterprise Services ‘Business Value Exchange’ platform – read my contributions here
– Awarded Fellowship and Chartered IT Professional Status (FBCS CITP) by the board of the British Computer Society
– Awarded Fellowship Status (FIoD) by the board of the Institute of Directors